1. Resolved That as members of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints who believe the doctrine and perform the ordinances as traditionally taught and practiced in the church and who for various reasons now worship in exile, we, in order to insure the rights and liberties of each of our members, do hereby unite ourselves together by organizing ourselves into a branch under the laws of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints as we can best practice them in our exiled condition. We adopt the following purposes for our branch:
1. To proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ as restored;
2. To testify that God will cleanse the Reorganized Church from the revisions and fragmentation affecting it;
3. To encourage the saints, strengthen the weary, comfort the distressed assure the doubtful and otherwise help heal the breach within the church.
2. Resolved, That this branch shall be known as the Zarahemla Branch; and shall be governed by the Rules of Order, Resolutions, Policies, Procedures and Decisions of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in effect on January 1, 1958.
3. Resolved, That we believe that The Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the rightful successor to the church founded by Joseph Smith, Jr., and that, although it is presently contaminated by worldly philosophies and morals, the Lord will cleanse it so that it can complete the gathering of Israel and the building of Zion; and be it further
Resolved, that we believe that God will send a literal descendant of the chosen seed (i.e., Joseph Smith, Jr.), to whom the promises were made, to preside over the Reorganized Church as its seer and revelator, which prophet will receive the keys of presidency agreeable to the lawful pattern (D&C 43:2); and be it further
Resolved, that as the office of First President of the church grows out of the authority of the Presiding High Priest, in the High Priesthood, no person can legally lay claim to the office of First President of the church without a previous ordination to the Presidency of the High Priesthood.
4. Resolved, That while the Reorganized Church. does not consider us a branch nor recognize our ministrations, we consider the Zarahemla Branch to be a branch of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints dedicated, as all other branches of the church in previous generations, to preaching the gospel and practicing the ordinances as originally given to and traditionally observed in the church; and be it further
Resolved, That we recommend that the confirming elder express the concept encapsulated in the following phrase during the confirmation prayer:
"We confirm you a member of the exiled portion of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, believing that when the church is set In order you shall be granted all the rights and privileges of that church, which include an inheritance in Zion."
5. Resolved, That a person's participation in the differing factions of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints neither adds to or takes away from the rights, privileges, and powers granted them by baptism or ordination in the Reorganized Church; and be it further
Resolved, That any person who can trace his priesthood in an unbroken chain to the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is an authorized priesthood member, and be it further
Resolved, That the Zarahemla Branch recognize the office and ministrations of any authorized priesthood member; and be it further
Resolved, That any person baptized by an authorized priesthood member is a member of said church.
6. Resolved, That we do not recognize the office nor ministrations of any woman who claim priesthood authority.
7. Resolved, That any properly baptized person may join the Zarahemla Branch by simply making a request; and be it further
Resolved, That the applicant for membership be given a copy of all branch resolutions and relevant statements of policy informing him or her of the position and goal of said branch.
8. Resolved, That we believe that the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has relaxed its standards during the past several decades, which change has encouraged many saints to live contrary to divine law; and be it further
Resolved, That we accept in full fellowship those saints encumbered by unwholesome conditions that were sanctioned by the church, but invite them to discipline their future conduct by the scriptures and church law, promising to keep them in full fellowship as long as they do so.
9. Whereas, The scriptures require that all monies received during the Sacrament Service that are not designated for any other purpose be held in the Oblation Fund; and
Whereas, The scriptures require the Oblation Fund to be administered by the Bishop of the church; and
Whereas, We are independent of the administrations of the current quorums and councils of the Reorganized Church, including the Bishop, therefore be it
Resolved, That all monies received during the Sacrament Service that are not designated for any other purpose be held by the Zarahemla Branch in a special category of the general fund of said branch entitled Oblation Trust Fund, which monies shall be placed in trust for the Bishop until the Reorganized Church is set in order at which times the balance of said fund shall be transferred to the Bishop; and be it further
Resolved, That in the meantime the treasurer of the branch shall have power to dispense monies from the fund for the relief of the poor and needy.